I am becoming very interested in PFSense - what is your experience?
I was planning to build my own box, but then retracted that idea (for now at least). Watched a few videos on Youtube on how to build one; don't seem too complicated.
As far as I know:
- Need a spare computer
- which needs to have two Ethernet ports, 1 for your modem to connect to and the other for your computer, network switch or wireless access point to connect to
- Get Intel NICS, 1 GB speeds (the best, recommended by many as the best solution)
- Go to the PFSense site and download the software
- Put the software on a USB Drive or something else
- Restart computer and run the software before you get into the operating system
- Follow instructions and configure to your liking (which I probably will just follow what the Youtube people do as I'm still a noob)